|Dimensions: ||36 x 24 x 28 cm|
|Date: ||1915 - 1919|
|Generic classification: ||Sculpture|
|General inventari: ||74 E|
|Location: ||Reial Acadèmia Catalana de Belles Arts de Sant Jordi|
|Provenance: Bequeathed by Sr Joaquin Costa Simon, brother and heir of Dr. Josep M. Costa Simon, to the Academy in December 1995.
Inscriptions: “OTERO” , at the lower right side.
This head is part of Otero’s production between approximately 1915 and 1920. During this period the artist’s style was a symbiosis of the classical Noucentisme (a Catalan cultural movement at the beginning of the twentieth century) and the decorative Art Deco. (See Ràfols 1920, pp. 109-113).
Jaume Otero was pupil and collaborator of Manuel Fuxà. In 1906 he won an educational grant and left for Paris and Brussels, where he returned a second time thanks to a financial aid from Barcelona City Council. In Paris he collaborated with Albert Bartholomé.|