|Provenance: It entered the Academy following the events of 1835, coming from one of the convents which were abolished, probably from the Trinitarians of Barcelona. However, Barraquer does not corroborate this fact. It went to the Board of Agriculture, Industry and Commerce(no. 12).
Came to the Academy's Museum: 1835 (?).
Note: Saint Joan de Mathe (1160-1213) and Saint Fèlix de Valois (c. 1127-1212) were the founders of the Trinitarian Order. This work was certainly executed after 1694, the year when Saint Fèlix de Valois was canonized (Saint Joan de Mathe had already been canonized in 1679). The only catalogue that tries to give a more precise attribution and credits the work to the Catalan school is the catalogue of 1837.
On loan to the MFMB (inv. 3021), until came back to the Academy on September 29, 2009.|