|Inscribed: At upper side: “St./ Pera” (sic). On back of panel, label of the Academy bearing the "old" and the "modern" numbers 127; in drawing charcoal: “S” Monica” and in chalk: “20’.
Provenance: Convent of Santa Mònica in Barcelona, from where it passed to the Museum of the former Board of Commerce
Came to the Academy's Museum: 1835 (?).
Note: It goes together with the Saint Paul (inv. no. 206) and the Saint Joseph (inv. no. 973). These paintings do not appear in the list of the works which were brought in from Santa Mònica; they were probably among the works which were confiscated during the Napoleonic period.|