|Inscribed: On back , remains of a detached label.
Provenance: Bequeathed by the artist, the Canon Tomàs de Puiguriguer, to the Academy (testament dating from May 26th in 1869).
Came to the Academy's Museum: February 4th 1881.
Note:Puiguriguer pursued an important ecclesiastical career. He was ordained in 1819 and died when he was the dean of Barcelona's Chapter after having been ecclesiastical governor between 1834 and 1835. Besides, he devoted himself to painting and exhibited his works in Barcelona at the Exposició Pública de Productes de la Indústria Espanyola which took place in 1844; at the 1847 and 1855 editions of the exhibitions held by the Associació d'Amics de les Belles Arts (the Friends Association of the Fine Arts); and at the Fine Arts Exhibition held in 1868 which was also held in Barcelona.|