|Inscribed: At lower right, in red: “11609". On frame, on engraved metallic card: “Depósito de la Real Academia/ Catalana de Bellas Artes de San Jorge”, and on label, in red and black ink: “11609 FRANCISCO LACOMA 1784/ 1849”. On back of canvas, in paint: “Original pintado por Franc. Lacoma y Sans, penc.do/ en el Concurso de premios generales/ celebrado en M[adrid el] 10 de julio de 1805”. On stretcher, on printed label of the Academy, incomplete but legible, the old number 396 and measurements.
Provenance: A work made as scholarship- holder.
Came to the Academy's Museum: October 1805.
Restaurations: restored by Balanguer & Grau workshop in 1999
Exhibitions: Pamplona-Vitoria-Bilbao-Madrid-Madrid, RACBASJ. Exposición antológica de pintura, 2000, núm. 32.
Note: The death date which appears on the label on the frame is incorrect owing to the confusion between Lacoma Sans and Lacoma Fontanet which remained throughout the years
This work entered the competition of the Academia de San Fernando general prizes which was held in 1805, though it obtained no vote.
It was on loan to the Museus d’Art de Barcelona, where it bore number 11609. It was recovered on November 27th 1980.|