|Technique: ||Oil on canvas|
|Dimensions: ||38 x 46 cm|
|Generic classification: ||Paint|
|General inventari: ||904|
|Location: ||National Museum of Art of Catalonia|
|Signed: “Lacoma” (at lower right).
Provenance: Bequeathed by the artist on December 26th 1846.
Came to the Academy's Museum: 1850.
Exhibitions: Exposicions: Barcelona, Un Siglo Olvidado de Pintura Catalana (1750-1850), 1951, núm. 42; Castres, Les élèves espagnols de David, 1989.
Note: Owing to a mistake in the labels, in the Catàlegs 1866 and 1867 this painting bears the number 278.
This work, together with two more works bequeathed by the artist, came in to the Academy's collection when this institution was already dissociated from the Junta de Comerç. The process lead to controversy until by Royal Order dated from 1865 it was decided that the testator's will was surely closer to the idea that the works formed part of a collection at the service of the public and of teaching rather than integrating a purely ornamental collection. For this reason, the works passed to the Academy.|